Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sliding mode controlled Boost Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvchan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
boost converter design

Hi, I am working to design a boost converter for dog barking control usage, the electrical discharge circuitry. Does anyone have a circuit for reference as I am looking to boost from coin cell battery of 6V to kV region. Any reference will be great!

boost converter

Hi

u can use an old ingetion coil from car..u have ur 10kV..puls with 600hz an transister connect the coil winding..

Willi

Re: Boost Converter Design

Hi

I took apart a dog collar. There was this decently big cube like transformer, measuring 1.2cm by 1.2cm by 1.2cm. The input pair of leads are shorted while the output leads are open circuit with a resistance of 1.5Kohm. I would think this is a current transformer, capable of multiplying the input voltage many times with a very small current.

May I know if anyone knows how to design a current transformer or useful articles with very simple design procedures? Many thanks.

Boost Converter Design

Texas Instruments has very good documentation. I suggest searching the TI website for "understanding boost power stages in switch mode power supplies" which explains how boost converters work and how to design them. There are also lots of application notes and reference designs. However, since you probably do not need any kind of control for your application, you don't need to go very in depth to get your boost converter going.
HTH
-Igor

Status
Not open for further replies.