Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Requirement of MOS Controlled Thyristor

mirzasabir

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working of Capacitor pulse discharge circuit. For this circuit, to switch capacitor voltage which is charged at 2KV I need a MOS Controlled Thyristor. I searched on internet and I came to know that in late 90d Intersil or Harris electronics manufactured some models of MCT which are now discontinued. If some body guides me or help me any to find available MCT in market or which companies are still manufacturing it.
Regards
Mirza Sabir

Hi,

never heard about an MCT.
You could povide a link.

And if not available anymore: Better tell us what function you need. How do you expect it to work? Maybe there is a simple workaround.

Klaus

If you can't buy it - then why design it in

plenty of HV SCR circuits use a pulse xformer to fire the SCR's, or you can put the SCR in the 0v and drive it directly

obviously the pulse xformer with say 5kV of isolation is usually the better way to go.
--- Updated ---

1705282983110.png

Attachments

• MOS SCR.png
    MOS SCR.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 38

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: