Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sizes of mos in flip-flop and transmission gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

animeshjn

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone tell me the sizes i.e. width and length of PMOS and NMOS in terms of λ, which are used in a typical flip-flop and transmission gate.
Thanks in advance

Hi,

For the Transmission gates we use the minumum width of NMOS and PMOS. I have no idea for the flip-flops.

the size of the transistor will affect the speed and matching, because the existance of non-zero on-resistance and parasitic capacitance. if the minumum size is ok for you , surely ,you can design it because it will save area. Howerver,if the minimum size of the transistors is not fine for your design. you need to tune it.
the above concept is also useful for the design in other digital circuit besides the TG and FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back