Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single photon counter using APD

Status
Not open for further replies.

shackle000

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I am looking forward to make a single photon counter using avalanche photodiodes. I haven't worked before with APDs before, so I am having some difficulty designing its bias, queching and preamplifier circuit. Has anyone worked with APD pls reply to me, I will give me some information.

Thanks!

Hi,
Did you studied their pls?

K.

This link didn't help me much. I only need some guidance in designing biasing and preamplifier circuit that can work at very high frequencies (GHz).

Than you must check some IEEE scripts pls!
K.

You need a high speed transimpedance amplifier. You may be able to find one from Maxim or Analog Devices. Silicon Sensor sell an APD and Maxim transimpedance amp in one package.

You need a high voltage temperature compensated power supply with the temperature sensor very close to the APD.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back