Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single load cell that can measure weights in range of 200g to 50 tonnes

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrstaha

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wonder if any body has worked with a load cell that can measure weights from as small as 200 grams to as large as 50 ton. And I mean a single load cell for the entire range with good accuracy.

Re: Load Cells

for this application you cannot use a single load cell

That's what I thought I should do.
But if, for example, I use two cells, would the small-range one be able to mechanically withstand the heavy load that the other one is to measure? Have you seen any similar implementations?
Thank you.

This is impossible.
You have to use load cells in class C6 (6000div). Indicator must be guaranteed 100000div and then emin=~300g-500g with one load cells.
I built weight scales Max=40000kg and e=400g and I have more problems with stability measurement.

why you should be used load cell to direct to measure ? if we have another way to design hardware to support this.

--Good Microcontroller Articles---
**broken link removed**

Jonathan_T
I can't get what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back