Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sinewave inverter prototype...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sinewave inverter prototype.

two opto-coupler is simple switch on/off charger, it is possible not to use it, use one of them or take any external charger.
DIP28 version of AtMega8 is not equal to TQFP32 because it has no adc channels 6&7.

Can this programm be converted to DIP version of M8 and which compiler are you using

Yes, it can - it is necessary to free two ADC channels for this. I use CodeVisionAVR 2.05 .

Last edited:

Can you convert the code as I work in BASCOM.

But testing is your deal, ok?

Attachments

• dip28.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

Hi DeepOne!
Thanks for the effort and time, I have a few suggestion here:
1:- The current sensing should be done on the High side to reduce the no of resistors or we better use a C.T.
2:- As optocoupler are Non-Linear and mains voltage sensing would be in-accurate.
3:- An LCD in place of 7-Segment would require less processor sources.
4:- As the transformer is 8-8---> 230v It is difficult for use as a charger
5:- I may be wrong but the FET driving stage is a bit complex we should work on reducing the part counts to make it more economical and flexible.
6:- Have you tested this and previous designs in Push-pull mode.

Now I have started learning CAVR to further enhance the code for charging and other modifications according to my needs and availability of Parts.

Thanks and Regards

Hi, Naseerak.
2. mains voltage sensing is between absent or presence, so optocoupler give sufficient information.
3. 7-Segment is more reliable and cheap.
4. it may be used with simple step up converter.
6. this and previous schemes is not designed for push pull mode.

I think for non-professional using CVAVR is very good choice since it is suitable and reliable.

Last edited:

Thanks but I have a few question in my mind.
1:- Where is the Mains/Inverter relay control pin on the micro-controller
2:- Can an IR2110 be used instead of IR2109 as this is readily available here.
3:- By turning off the upper mosfets the lower mosfets can be used for charging by utilizing boost PFC charging.

1. its removed, but relay is switched itself.
2. IR2110 may be used instead of IR2304 (may be with external RCD delay chains), not 2109.
3. For me something based on MC34063 looks as more simple decision.

Last edited:

The delay could be done in software

- - - Updated - - -

Today i tried a simple atmega8 circuit with a pot connected 5v ground and the center pin to the ADC but no pulse width change by varying the voltage on ADC0.

but it work in Proteus

Attachments

• 2proteus.zip
    44.6 KB · Views: 313
  • tiny43_HV.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

Thanks for your prompt reply. I simulated your design, as I was looking for ADC0 which is used for feedback but no change in wave form as I slide down and up the slider.
BTW how many samples are you using and what timer values are you using.
The timer value you given in of your previous post was not working in win7

but no change in wave form as I slide down and up the slider.
If i simulate this design - it work, if you - not work. Seems nothing will not to do with this.
how many samples are you using and what timer values are you using.
samples amount is thirteen as you may see in source code ("#define n_stable 13"), and about what timer you talk?

Last edited:

In inverter mode due to load current battery discharge so output may not remain constant. So we require change pwm duty cycle. In ur project how u do ?

for 350VDC->sine wave inverter pwm duty cycle changed in DCDC 12->350V part, for inverters with 50Hz transformer is used several PWM tables in mcu. Also possible correct tables in the fly, but in my opinion output voltage stabilization is not very important function.

By samples I mean The timer values entries in the table.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not talking about the no of tables, I am talking about the elements in the table which is more than 32.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok Got it now, BTW can present the M8 version of 350v to 220v version I mean only AC section driven by M8 and chip drivers. I have found some IR2104 here in pakistan.

In such case amount of the elemens is three hundred fourteen for half-wave, spwm top value 250. But it is easy to see in the source code.
IR2109&2104 is not suitable for driving IRF740 (or 2SK3299, etc.) fets, because it's deadtime (around 0.6uS) is not sufficient.

Last edited:

Thanks but I want to drive IRF3205 with IR2109 not IRF 740. another method would be to keep the last and start entries to 0 to generate the necessary dead time.

I mean to use 3205 for 50 hz version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back