Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulations of a patch antenna with Microwave Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo07

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I was just started 3 months ago to use EMSIGHT of MWO 2008. I am doing a patch antenna working at 868 MHZ. I already did my EM structure and simulations about return loss, radiation pattern (PPC ETheta and PPC E Phi), smith chart but I need to know the gain of my antenna. How can I know gain of an antenna with MWO (not directivity, directly gain)?

For the moment I don't know if it is possible to obtain gain of an EM structure with this software...

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Hello,

AWR MWO doesn't have Antenna Gain, directivity measurements for this you need to use 3D em tools ...

---manju---

hi

if MWO is able to find the radation pattern it should be able to find the gain and directivity

thanks

Thank you for your answer.
Would you have a software which give me gain of an antenna to advise me?

My project is now blocked because I need to know the gain to continue. From your answer, Manju, I am wondering how people can do an antenna design with just MWO?

If anybody else has an idea to unlock me, it will be very helpful for me.

Thank you in advance.

Popo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back