Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] simulation with impedance or admittance elements in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyenergy

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
convert admittance to impedance

Hi, everyone, I have a question about simulation using impedance or admittance elements in ADS.

I have already obtained the admittance matrix, in my case, it is a symmetrical 3*3 matrix, which can be written as
[ Y11,Y12,Y13;
Y12,Y11,Y13;
Y13,Y13,Y33];

then I convert these admittance parameters into an equivalent circuit model as shown in the well-known Waveguide Handbook , section 6.1.

the circuit element in this equivalent circuit model can be expressed as

Xa = Y11+Y12;
Xb = -Y13+Y12;
Xc = Y13;
Xd = Y33+Y13;

my question is how to simulate this circuit in ADS, because I can only find capacitor and inductor in ADS, but in my case, Xa,Xb,Xc,Xd are not purely capacitors or inductors, the element value will change to positive or negtive in different frequency, as in most of microwave problem.

Does anyone know how to simulate this kind of circuit in ADS?

I have solved this problem.

use the ABCD matrix representation of the shunt and series element and choose the data item in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back