Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

keysight ADS

Deansaleh

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to simulate some components on ADS but every time for every single component, when I download the s2p file from the manufacturer ( I unzip the file ) and try to run the s-parameter simulations it say there’s an error.

What is causing this error?
Thanks

Please view the attached photo.

image.jpg

If you opened it with Wordpad or Microsoft Word and then save it in this format, it might create a problem.
Do not touch the file and open it read-only with Notepad to inspect then use it a is.
I have downloaded that file and there is nothing wrong with it.

The message says ADS cannot access the file. This might be a file permission problem, or a problem with the path.
You can place the file in the "data" directory of your ADS workspace.

If you opened it with Wordpad or Microsoft Word and then save it in this format, it might create a problem.
Do not touch the file and open it read-only with Notepad to inspect then use it a is.
I have downloaded that file and there is nothing wrong with it.
If i want to modify a different file to this and add the noise figure data, is that possible and how can i do it?

If i want to modify a different file to this and add the noise figure data, is that possible and how can i do it?
Try Notepad, I have recently modified a -parameters file and it worked. But don't save it as *.txt file, instead save it as is.

Try Notepad, I have recently modified a -parameters file and it worked. But don't save it as *.txt file, instead save it as is.
As you can see from the photo, the file has the s parameters in phase and degrees, if i want to add noise to it how would the structure be? Would i just insert the values of noise after s22_Phase (deg). Is that format supported?

image.jpg

As you can see from the photo, the file has the s parameters in phase and degrees, if i want to add noise to it how would the structure be? Would i just insert the values of noise after s22_Phase (deg). Is that format supported?
I post her e an example s-parameters+Noise file, modify yours accordingly its format..
For more information, research "Touchstone Format" on internet.
I said to you " do not use WordPad, use Notepad.

Attachments

• BFU710F_2V_10mA_S_N.rar
    7 KB · Views: 48
I post her e an example s-parameters+Noise file, modify yours accordingly its format..
For more information, research "Touchstone Format" on internet.
I said to you " do not use WordPad, use Notepad.
hello, the S2P file I am trying to edit is for ADL8142, the manufacturer does provide an S2p file but it excludes the noise figure data, so when simulated on ADS it shows the noise figure is equal to 0 basically making it an ideal LNA with the gain fluctuating within the operating frequency range. My question is how can I introduce noise figure to the simulations? It does not matter if I edit the S2P file or if there is a way to do it directly in ADS. I just want to be able to see the effect of the noise figure on the overall simulation (the LNA along the other components simulated all together). I still do not understand how to change the format to include the noise figure. I do not mind if the noise figure is constant along the entire bandwidth and frequency range. The manufacturer claims the noise figure is 1.6 dB.

hello, the S2P file I am trying to edit is for ADL8142, the manufacturer does provide an S2p file but it excludes the noise figure data, so when simulated on ADS it shows the noise figure is equal to 0 basically making it an ideal LNA with the gain fluctuating within the operating frequency range. My question is how can I introduce noise figure to the simulations? It does not matter if I edit the S2P file or if there is a way to do it directly in ADS. I just want to be able to see the effect of the noise figure on the overall simulation (the LNA along the other components simulated all together). I still do not understand how to change the format to include the noise figure. I do not mind if the noise figure is constant along the entire bandwidth and frequency range. The manufacturer claims the noise figure is 1.6 dB.
If the Noise Parameters are not included in s2p file, you have nothing to do. The manufacturer only can provide these parameters.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back