Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation software: HFSS 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanda.

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
May i know whether Ansys 13 and Ansoft Maxwell 13 are same software with HFSS 13?

Thanks

Maxwell 13 - is the leading software for modeling electromagnetic fields used for the design and study of two-and three-dimensional models, such as motors, sensors, transformers and other electrical and electromechanical devices for various applications. Maxwell ® is based on the finite element method (Finite Element Method - FEM) and accurately calculates the static, harmonic electromagnetic and electrical fields, as well as transients in field problems.

As far as I know neither is including (or the same as) HFSS.

HFSS and Maxwell were/are softwares by Ansoft, which was overtaken by ANSYS. Unfortunately, that overtake brought some serious problems in customer support etc. so, e.g. the old Ansoft website is partially still online, but not the support part, which should have been moved to the ANSYS website - but seems to have been forgotton... Needless to say, I am so happy about the ANSYS-Ansoft marriage...

ANSYS 13, Maxwell and HFSS are three different programs / software packages. You can buy and use them individually.
Since the integration on Ansoft in ANSYS you can buy a license for all Ansoft products in one.

I totally agree with roxxon about the "serious service problems", but I think they finally made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back