Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulation method of the oscillated frequency output phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wccheng

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am doing the QVCO design. Could you tell me how could I simulate the phase of the oscillated output frequency?

Thanks

wccheng

Added after 44 minutes:

I find I can use pss and see the phase result. Am I correct?

thanks

Yes, you can see phase of oscillation frequency ( and its' harmonics) by PSS (or HB simulation)

But this phase will be steady state phase, in fact the phase will be stalled at the beginning of the oscillation and the is settled downby time.
Unfortunately, you can not see initial phase swingings..

Re: simulation method of the oscillated frequency output pha

Maybe a quick and dirty method: simulate two similar oscillators, let the first one start up at t=0 and the second one after a certain delay. Multiply the output waveforms using mathematical IQ demodulation and extract the phase. Because it is a simulation the oscillation frequency of both oscillators will be exactly the same, so it should work. Then you'll see the startup phase transient of the oscillator.

It's likely that you'll see a frequency shift first (= very fast phase transient) and then a slower settling phase transient.

Are you interested in the phase difference between the outputs (90 deg) or the phase of the outputs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back