Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating Power Electronics in Spectre (Imax, Imelt Warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sux

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,
I´m including external components in Spectre. These components are SPICE models. Since the external components are power electronics, when I simulate them in Spectre, I´ll get warnings. These warnings are imax and imelt. My question is: How can I define a new value for Imax and Imelt of the external component. The change of Imax and Imelt should only effect the external component, because I´m simulating the external component with an ASIC at the top-level. Can I set a new value for Imax and Imelt in the SPICE file ? A better solution would be to load an extrenal lib or model file with an include command for the external component. In the lib or model file I´ll should be able to set Imax and Imelt for an arbitrary number of external components, because I have few external components at the top-level and they have different values for Imax and Imelt (Imax and Imelt I´ll get from the datasheet). Is this possible ?

Thanks & Best Regards

It's down somewhere in the model chain, "assert" statements
can push warnings for Vgs/Vgs/Vds, port currents, etc. Don't
know if there's anything for power.

For simulation, I think you can just neglect this warning.

What do you mean with the model chain, "assert" statements ? Where can I find it in Spectre ? Yes, for simulation purposes I can neglect these warnings. But when I have a simulation on the top-level and I have about 600 warnings, I must search which are important and which not.

I mean, if you follow the chain of include statements (see the
model libraries window or follow the spectre.out activity) you
will see the IMAX, IMELT either as model params or the warnings
as ASSERT / assert statements somewhere down in the nuts &
bolts. You could just go to the model directory and grep for
IMELT or whatever other tag.

It's not "in" Spectre. It's in PDK model files.

Status
Not open for further replies.