Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power inverter

thunaivendan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In this power inverter circuit,I am unable to do simulation by using proteus.specially to design transformer,is it any other way same circuit can simulate
--- Updated ---

Please help me on the transformer side

Attachments

• Sine-Wave-Inverter-Circuit.jpg
    Sine-Wave-Inverter-Circuit.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 463_parts.jpg
    463_parts.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
In this power inverter circuit,I am unable to do simulation by using proteus.specially to design transformer,is it any other way same circuit can simulate
--- Updated ---

Please help me on the transformer side
@KLAUS,

How to design a transformer from this circuit to simulate in Proteus

Are you committed to the Proteus simulator? Falstad's simulator now allows us to make a custom transformer. I didn't test the one I just made but it has 4 windings on one core just the same as your schematic. The edit field starts simple, all you need to do is add commas and numbers. You'll have to do some experimenting.

As for your parts list, the simulator supports all the components. The multivibrator IC can be replaced with custom clock signals which you design.

Free to download and use:

falstad.com/circuit

Are you committed to the Proteus simulator? Falstad's simulator now allows us to make a custom transformer. I didn't test the one I just made but it has 4 windings on one core just the same as your schematic. The edit field starts simple, all you need to do is add commas and numbers. You'll have to do some experimenting.

As for your parts list, the simulator supports all the components. The multivibrator IC can be replaced with custom clock signals which you design.

Free to download and use:

falstad.com/circuit
In Proteus is not possible

I think it can be work in proteus , but the exact componets will not available ,we can use alternative .
I think ,There can be create transformer as our requrment

The nature of the problem is unclear.

Do you just lack any transformer model worth simulating?
Or have one in a form that Proteus will not handle? Or is
Proteus only a capture and layout tool, and you have
not figured out how to get a SPICE netlist and find a
SPICE version to use (and know how to set up and run)?

Insisting on a particular tool is up to you, but will surely
limit the nature, quality and quantity of the help you may
expect. In any case you can't expect endless free tutoring
on the tool in question unless somebody here is a power
user of said tool with lots of time to donate. So focus yourself
and your questions, to what will move you forward. And be
prepared to change course if it turns out you picked a tool
(or tool set) that isn't meant for this, end-to-end.

I would bet that a Proteus specific forum would have more
Proteus specific info for you, if that is indeed what's missing.

Maybe go seek the author of this design for answers.
But warning a 50 Hz 1kW transformer will be heavy and expensive.

Dr. R.V. Dhekale: He is an associate professor and head of the Department of Physics, Kisan Veer Mahavidyalaya, Wai, District Satara, Maharashtra.

The article was first published on 27 March 2016 and was recently updated on 16 November 2022.

Last edited:
The problem is it feasible to create this transformer in Proteus,or else how to change this transformer in any other like split of two transformer
You might be able to simulate this 4 winding transformer in Proteus, but 1st you must learn how to design it.
L, n, k for a chosen core style, and magnet wire.

Hi,

You should first check whether the transformer input is correct.

The circuit diagram is difficult to read.
I can't verify that the transformer output is even referenced to GND. We can't zoom in to see details. We can't see any transformer coupling information...

Also, it's hard to read because it's not intended for easy reading. Lots of unnecessary intersections and kinks.Why not use multiple GND symbols? They cost nothing.

Klaus

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: