Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing an inverter with a particular delay for duty-cycled clock generation

Arpit_Bal

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any method by which we can design an inverter with a particular delay (roughly in 100s of picoseconds), as I want to generate a duty-cycled clock as an incoming signal in one of my analog blocks? (P.S. I want to use the minimum number of inverters to achieve that delay.)

Hi,

the terminology "inverter" has several meanings.

If you talk about logic inverters = digital, then why post in th "analog circuit design" section?
Then I´m not sure if you are talking about circuit or IC design?

In either case ... isn´t technology, supply voltage, input signal specification, indeed any specification .. essential for us to know?

Klaus

Are you designing integrated digital logic, then we would move the question to IC design. If the question is about designing the inverter from discrete transistors or using of-the-shelf digital ICs, there's no dedicated digital circuit design section at Edaboard.

Please clarify what "design an inverter" means for you.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: