Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating large strusture in IE3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsekouras

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to know which is the fastest Matrix Solver for a patch array of 64 (8*8) elements.
To be more specific the structure has the following features:
Total polygons: 192
Min Surface Cells: 6848
Min Surface Cells (AEC): 12288
Min Total Cells: 6848
Min Total Cells (AEC): 12288
Max cell size: 0.358961

The AEC Parameters are:
AEC Layers: 1
AEC Ratio: 0.4

Thanks you in advance.

Hi, tsekouras: Please try the GEMS-F solver with SD = 6 to 10 for both cases (with or without AEC). Regards.

Hi Jian: I am using GEMS-F but I see that the simulations stops or crashes after 8 or more hours of continuous simulating.
In fact with GEMS-F I wasn't able to simulate even 1 frequency. What can I do in order to complete the simulation?

Regards

Hi, tsekouras: GEMS-F is an iterative matrix solver. If it does not yield any result to you, it might be the iteration is not converged, and it might be related to some parameter setting. Please send me the file at: jian@zeland.com. I will check it for you. Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back