Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating an infinite long current density source using FDTD

peponas

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I face a quite challenging problem...I am interested in simulating a current source with infinite length, inside a waveguide with finite length, terminated by two CFS-PML layers. The current source is in the form of hollow surface with components on x,y, and z axis, varying with the time arbitrarily. I have implemented sources both in the regular non-pml formulation as well as in the PML region. However, since the current distribution has a starting and an ending point, edge effects (such as end charging) appear. My question comes to this exact point...what boundary conditions do I need in order that the current density distribution to represent a current distribution with infinite length?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back