Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulate signal under noise effect in SystemVerilog

quocviet19501

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, thank you for reading my post.
I'm doing a project in SystemVerilog and came across this problem.
1697626398904.png

In the above figure, I want to simulate a signal that has 2 unstable edges (effect of noise in real-time environment). But I have no idea how to make the 2 edges of data unstable. I have tried some methods, but they did not work.
Can anyone suggest some ideas?
Thank you.

systemverilog is good for RTL description, not for low-level timing effects.
what you are describing sounds more like an electrical level modelling that could be done with SPICE.

Both Data and clock need to be delayed up to 50% so the both data or clock can be controlled early and late to find the phase margin due to asymmetric delays, transition times and noise.

Back in my hardware days in the mid-80s window margin was measured with digital control in nanoseconds. There were several versions of digital phase margin analyzers which were very useful. One box could inject jitter on the data using a PRSG selected early, nominal and late into a system to check if the clock recovery had enough phase margin when the data also had bit shift in magnetic media.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back