Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

signal integrity & PCB software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed osama

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all

I wish to know the top software for signal integrity & pcb designer but be simple for a new one in this field

thx all

some lect. & tips will be great also :)

bye

ahmed osama said:
hi all

I wish to know the top software for signal integrity & pcb designer but be simple for a new one in this field

thx all

some lect. & tips will be great also :)

bye

When i started, I used OrCAD .. It's easy to learn, and you can achieve good results with it..

Regards,
Ahmad,

Okay, then you can use anyother software that enables you to calculate S parameters, Cadence tools, ADS, and mentor tools can do,

I think you can also do it using PSPICE based tools such as OrCAD, but didn't try to make it..

This topic may be useful:
**broken link removed**

Also,
https://www.cadence.com/webinars/webinars.aspx?xml=sparam

I hope that helped,
Salam :)
Ahmad,

Hyperlynx is the program you need, part of the pads toolset, but also available stand alone.

btbass said:
Hyperlynx is the program you need, part of the pads toolset, but also available stand alone.

i know it and try it

but the problem that i am still starting such field high speed pcb design & signal integrity ?

when i try it i found it some how strange ?

do u have any tips & lect for such prog??

and what about Cadence SPECCTRA (PCB SI) ??

Ahmed,

I see Signal Integrity is vast field.

Learning tool to simulate & verify result is one aspect.
Knowledge of subject is very much required to handle the SI issues.

I would suggest you first to go thru theorr, read some good books available on net & then jump into tool application.

centiago said:
Ahmed,

I see Signal Integrity is vast field.

Learning tool to simulate & verify result is one aspect.
Knowledge of subject is very much required to handle the SI issues.

I would suggest you first to go thru theorr, read some good books available on net & then jump into tool application.

I have a good Knowledge about the TL , Stripe TL , W.G , analog circuit , PCB problems (cross talk , ringing ...etc) , RF & VLSI ..
the problem that i need more practical info about such things and using the tools , i used to use orcad cadence 9.2 for circuit sim & somehow also for pcb layout but for relative low freq. so i want to know the good sw for very high speed digital signal & RF (cir sim & pcb pre/post layout sim)

that is what i need

the following sw which i begin to collect info about them :

1- ads 2005a from agilent
2- SpectraQuest from cadence
3- altium designer ( protel in the past)
4- HyperLynx from mentor (not easy at all)

so what u think the best tool for me?/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back