Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sigma Delta ADC final output

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawson

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Just to check. On what i'm suppose to get after designing a sigma delta ADC. If my input is a Sine Wave (analog signal).
after pass through sigma delta modulator become 1-bit data stream (anyone can further explain 1-bit data stream).

will i be getting only either bit stream of 1s and 0s or can it be bit stream of +5s and -5s instead.

Lastly, it will be fed into the FIR decimation filter - after FIR become multi-bit data and after decimation will perform a down sampling.

so my final output waveform in time domain should be still a bit data stream of either +5s and -5s (at a lower sampling rate) or will it be like the analog signal.

Please advice
I'm rather confused over sigma delta ADC and a performance of an ADC.. i use to think ADC always refers to from analog signal (sine wave) become digital signal (square wave ) either 1 or 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back