Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inconsistent Output in NI 9263 DAC

mtnkh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using an NI 9263 DAC converter to generate a 10KHz sine signal with a 5-volt amplitude. However, the problem arises when I zoom in on the output of the module, as it appears as shown below:

There is a 40mV difference in the peaks, which is causing trouble for me. I have tried changing the frequency and the sampling rate, but the issue persists. I wanted to ask if you know the reason behind this discrepancy?

Thanks
1688420777641.png

Hi,

The picture is useless. All wee see is a lot of orange..The only thing we can guess is that that the Y-axis shows the volts.
* we don't know nothing about the X-axis
* we don't know what tool it is (real digital scope with unknown resolution, simulation, samplling rate....
* we don't know what we see. Yo say 10kHz sine, but it's far from a sine shape at all

Besides the scope...
* how are your digital data generated
* what resolution and what range do your digital data have (not ADC resolution)
* ADC: what resolution, what sampling rate is used in your case (not what the ADC is able to do)
* what analog filters are used?

My wild guessing - and that's all I can do for now:
The problem is some kind of measurement artefact because of
* inappropriate analog filtering
* using an ADC sampling rate of around 500kHz

Klaus

Hi,

The picture is useless. All wee see is a lot of orange..The only thing we can guess is that that the Y-axis shows the volts.
* we don't know nothing about the X-axis
* we don't know what tool it is (real digital scope with unknown resolution, simulation, samplling rate....
* we don't know what we see. Yo say 10kHz sine, but it's far from a sine shape at all

Besides the scope...
* how are your digital data generated
* what resolution and what range do your digital data have (not ADC resolution)
* ADC: what resolution, what sampling rate is used in your case (not what the ADC is able to do)
* what analog filters are used?

My wild guessing - and that's all I can do for now:
The problem is some kind of measurement artefact because of
* inappropriate analog filtering
* using an ADC sampling rate of around 500kHz

Klaus
Or maybe it’s some external source modulating the DAC output.

Garbage in, garbage out.

You need to provide a lot more information.

Or maybe it’s some external source modulating the DAC output.

Garbage in, garbage out.

You need to provide a lot more information.
Or may be it is some fixed point issue or he is just test-benching the forum responses.

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: