Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shortcut virus problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RajivConfident

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When i insert external device like pendrive,memory card,hard dics the shortcut virus appears how to permanently delete them?

Please explain what you mean by 'shortcut virus'. A shortcut is simply a link to the location of a program, it has no executable code in it so it cannot hide a virus.

Brian.

So you mean that your operating system creates automatically a shortcut (on the desktop?) every time you insert a new removable device?

Which OS do you use?

avg or eset can delete this type of virus.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 30-Day Free Trial

AVG Free Antivirus 2014

I'd be careful of AVG, they attempt to install a considerable amount of crapware, some of which could be considered malware, particularly the AVG Browser Search Extension.

You might also try:

AVAST Antivirus 2014

At least they only attempt to install Google Chrome and Box.

Select custom whenever install these free antivirus programs, read each installation page carefully and deselect any unwanted crapware.

I've been pleasantly surprised with Microsoft Security Essentials, I've been running it on a few Windows 7 test platforms for evaluation and it seems to be quite effective and best of all it is free.

I just came across the following:

How to remove shortcut virus from USB – Dinihou – Houdini Worm.VBScript

Shortcut virus removal in USB Pendrive, PC, Hard disk, memory cards using cmd

The last link, discusses using AVAST boot scan to remove the virus, besides the command line.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back