Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

several sensors all with SPI connection must be read all at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebtehal younis

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i'm trying to build my inertial measurement unit (IMU) where i'm using several sensors all must be read at the same time....but all of these sensor use SPI interface.....what i need to ask you first...is there any microcontroller able to read up to 7 sensors all at one in SPI mode?! second....if not..how can i do it using any extra device?

any help will be great

Clearly they can't all be "read at once" unless you have multiple SPI interfaces (either peripheral or software implementation) on a microcontroller. I don't know of
any such device, it doesn't exist.
They can be read sequentially - most devices/sensors with SPI have a *CE pin (chip enable). Connect each *CE pin to the microcontroller to select the device to control.

If your sensors are available as I2C as well as SPI some PIC32s have 4 SPI and 5 I2C interfaces - also you could use DMA
Also you need to specify what is "read at the same time", e.g. all within a nanosecond or a microsecond or a millsecond ?

If your sensors are available as I2C as well as SPI some PIC32s have 4 SPI and 5 I2C interfaces - also you could use DMA
Also you need to specify what is "read at the same time", e.g. all within a nanosecond or a microsecond or a millsecond ?

which PIC microcontroller exactly you are talking about? some of the sensors can be connected using I2C, o i may use this microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back