Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

seven segment display

Status
Not open for further replies.

red93pk

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
First of all, i'm sorry for my english.

I want to make a 7 digit display using verilog. I'll test the program on spartan 3E.

An exemple:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy-99c8nmd8

I know that i need to use frequency divider, but i don't know how to implement the program.
I'm beginner in verilog, but i want to learn with exemples.

I'll use:
input clock
input reset
output reg [7:0] seg //for segment
output [3:0] an //for 1 digit selection

I want to make a 7 digit display using verilog. I'll test the program on spartan 3E.

I know that i need to use frequency divider, but i don't know how to implement the program.
I'm beginner in verilog, but i want to learn with exemples.

I'll use:
input clock
input reset
output reg [7:0] seg //for segment
output [3:0] an //for 1 digit selection

First of all you mention you want to make a Verilog program...Verilog is a hardware description language it's not the same as writing a software program. So make sure you understand that the Verilog code you write represents things like registers, gates, muxes, decoders, etc. If you can draw the schematic of what you are designing then you translate it to Verilog.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back