Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

setting up milkyway lib for ic compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

auroral

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm pretty sure I'm going wrong on setting up the milkyway library for running ICC. Help me fix it!

I create a milkyway lib using create_mw_lib -technology <filename> <libname>
and then open_mw_lib <libname>

and then go on to import my verilog design files. The designs run clean on DC, but fail to even import on ICC. I've tried using different .tf and .plib files for setting up the milkyway library with the same outcome. I've also set the link library and target lib to be the same. What am I missing and/or where am I going wrong? Thanks for your time!

Hi auroral,

Pls make that sure you have added all reference libraries using in your design. Could you provide your running logs for analysing ?

Regards,
Eric.Pan

eric.pan said:
Hi auroral,

Pls make that sure you have added all reference libraries using in your design. Could you provide your running logs for analysing ?

Regards,
Eric.Pan

When I open and get into the milkyway dir and try to import my verilog design, this is what happens.

icc_shell> open_mw_lib example/
{example}
icc_shell> import_designs -format verilog -top icc_test -cel icc_test {/xyz/example/rtl/icc_test.v}
Loading db file '/xyz/software/synopsys/icc/libraries/syn/gtech.db'
Loading db file '/xyz/software/synopsys/icc/libraries/syn/standard.sldb'

***** Verilog HDL translation! *****

***** Start Pass 1 *****
Begin loading DB for bus info.
End of loading DB for bus info.Elapsed = 0:00:00, CPU = 0:00:00
Error: Verilog parser cannot parse the /xyz/example/rtl/icc_test.v source file. (MWNL-047)
hdlCleanupDBLibrary...
Error: Current design is not defined. (UID-4)
icc_shell>

Also Eric can you tell me what you mean by adding all reference libraries. I mean where is this done? Thanks!

create_mw_lib $MW_DESIGN_LIBRARY \
-tech $MW_TECH_FILE \
-reference_control_file fp_inputs/design_ref \
-open

import_designs -format verilog -top $MODULE -cel ${MODULE}_import $NETLIST

exec cat fp_inputs/design_ref

REFERENCE schxd.mwlib
REFERENCE scsxd.mwlib

itsmeteja said:
create_mw_lib $MW_DESIGN_LIBRARY \
-tech $MW_TECH_FILE \
-reference_control_file fp_inputs/design_ref \
-open
/quote]

Thanks itsmeteja... Being a newbie, I still don't quite get what's a reference control file. Can I make my own .ref file and call it here, or is it generated by some compiler? Thanks again!

reference control file is basically points the standard cells,sub blocks and hard macro milkyway library paths.

Suppose if you are using libraries of tsmc, they provide you the gds and lef files of standard cells. You need to read them in milkyway tool and prepare the standard cell milkyway libs. If you already have milkyway libs path which are qualified by your flow team you can directly use them with out going in the library creation loop.

First I do recommend you to go through the student guide and come up with your questions. So that some one will be able to help you.

Thanks
Teja

Hi,
Is there a tutorial/manual showing how to us milkway with Astro or ICC? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back