Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

set_false_path & set_case_analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo12520

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,all.
I'm a new comer.

I have a question:
What's the difference between set_false_path and set_case_analysis?

Thanks.

thats like comparing chalk and cheese.

set_false_path means that particular path will not be considered for timing analysis.

set_case_analysis is a way of tying a port or pin to a constant value of either 1 or 0.

sree:
does it mean they have no relationship or similarity in function? it is a write_test of cadence and i am confused.

thanks

to my knowledge these are design compiler commands and i've posted the descriptions of these commands. by write_test, if u mean generation of test patterns in dft_compiler, i'm not sure how these commands can be used there.

Also, for the list of variables which affect the write_test, please type write_test and press tab in ur dc shell prompt.

u can also check this link in the mean time.

**broken link removed**

jojo12520

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
set_false_path means the path is exist,but we don't want to check it;
set_case_analysis will assign a constant value to a pin or port,and this value will will decide which arc(path) will be disabled!

set_false_path is the timing path which we don't care!
set_Case_analysis is the method we can set some value for a pin or a port!

set_case_analysis will make path to disappear
set_false_path will make existing path as false(will not be timed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back