Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set_false_path to entire module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hung2000

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am working on next version of a top module. This top module has instantiated a sub-module which will eventually go away. How can I exclude timing of this entire module?

Currently I am doing this:

set_false_path -thr [get_pins INST_0/*]
set_false_path -thr [get_pins INST_0/*/*]
... [to the deepest level]
set_false_path -thr [get_pins INST_0/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*]

Is there any easier way doing it? This sub-module has multiple clocks going into it (to be disconnected in next version).

Many thanksssss!

Gary

i think that get_pins should retrieve the entire port list of module INST_0 so i don't know why you have difficulties with it.

I think one easy way maybe, wirte a RTL wrapper for that sub-module.
Just define the input/output and assign all the outputs to a constant value. Then, your problem will gone at both simulation and synthesis.

i think that get_pins should retrieve the entire port list of module INST_0 so i don't know why you have difficulties with it.

because there are still large number of internal paths within INST_0 being analysed and reported. I just want to get rid of them in my timing reports.

- - - Updated - - -

I think one easy way maybe, wirte a RTL wrapper for that sub-module.
Just define the input/output and assign all the outputs to a constant value. Then, your problem will gone at both simulation and synthesis.

This is just a quick STA pre-study without changing current RTL (this module will go away eventually anyway). I am just wondering if there is easy constraints to disable all internal/external timing paths of this module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back