Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Servo motor controller help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytanleee

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, first time in tis forum. im currently doing a final year project and i thinking to do a servo motor controller. Everything was perfect except the PIC part.

I had built the Programmar circuit ( http://www.electronicecircuits.com/electronic-circuits/pic-programmer ) and test on my laptop since i don have a PC,

the software i use is IC Prog 1.60 and somehow it cant detect the circuit becos i using RS 232 to USB cable on it. Have anyone got do this and can give

an advise of how to use it?

Hai,
Your circuit had RS232 femeale connector, so you can use rs232 to usb converter, .
Rs232 Female connector connet to that coverter one end other end of converter(USB connector) can connect USB port of Ur laptop, then run this circuit.

Hi
Thank for the info, but still can't program the pic. I set into windows API as the instruction told but.... If there any programming software thats function in windows 7 ?

Does your laptop have RS232 port, how do you try it ?

Try this simplest PIC16F84 programmer :

Schematic.gif ScreenShot.png

Attachments

• PIC16F84 Simple Programmer.rar
    688.1 KB · Views: 63

Thank you, tpetar, but now its fine. No. My laptop don have the port , like i said in above, i use the USB to RS232 Converter cable and now it work. i uninstall and reinstall the

driver sucessfully as COM port 3 so now i need 3 code, one is turn the servo ,one 180 degree and one is continous rotate.Got any website that can download a source code or

teach how to programming? Actually im dono how to programming and the lecture din't teach but demand that the project need a programming. Its looks funny ?

Ok, I'm glad to see your project working.

Got any website that can download a source code or teach how to programming?

You mean source code for servo motors controlling ?

Lots of things you can learn on EDABoard forum, there is many existing threads with that thematic or You can always start new if there is some new problem in Your work.

- - - Updated - - -

Also You can mark this thread with solved flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.