Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper motor driver adjust

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshh

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have leadshine stepper motor driver dm542e "2-phase stepper motor drive to control stepper motor . but i have problem in Dip selection switch. choosing different compination of the Dip leads to hot motor and noise with difficult motion. so i think there is a special configuration. i use power supply 10 A

my stepper motor specs is mentioned in the first post , its model
Stepper Motor (NEMA 23) 57HZ54-09 8 wires
i tried the series and parallel connections. it is connected parallel now
the motor make a sound tic tic and the shaft doesn't move , sometimes it moves and sometimes tic tic. i want to know how to choose the Dip switch

it's hot i can't hold my hand more than 5 seconds, is this normal. i measured coils ohm it is 2 ohms connected in series

Attachments

• sketch.jpg
    sketch.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 249

Hi,

try reduced current: SW1|SW2|SW3 = OFF|ON|ON

Connect
* driver A+ --> Motor RED
* driver A- --> Motor GRN
* driver B+ --> Motor BLK
* driver B- --> Motor WHT
and:
Motor BLU --> Motor YEL
Motor BRN --> Motor ORG

With no load (without torque) the motor should move now.

If it moves: test with torque at different RPM. If the motor stalls too early, then increase current. Check temperature.

Klaus

Last edited:

I connected Enable of the drive and the motor isn't hot now. I increased the delay time to 30ms, the motor is slow and there is no tics. but what is scientific explanation? what if i want to increase speed on the motor

I tried your description and it didn't rotate and draws large current up to 9A. the drive red led flash meaning error

Hi,

The connections are far from my recommendations.

I guess the current setup, too.

How can we help?

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back