Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Servo control using pic16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogusmeister

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone. this is my first time to control a servo, can i control a servo motor directly by the use of my PIC16F877A by just sending signals?. can anyone give me the schematic diagram for this and maybe a sample code in ASSEMBLY.. i've been searching around the net and cant find any.

Please help me.. thanks in advance guys..

Hi

This may help you can download the assembler code, it handles up to 8 servo's but should give you an idea of what you want to know **broken link removed**.

HTH

that is about controlling a servo with serial port to MCU right?. would that be the same if i would connect it directly to my PIC?

that is about controlling a servo with serial port to MCU right?. would that be the same if i would connect it directly to my PIC?

Hi,

On that example, which is nearly 10 years old, you need some method of tellling the motors what to do, rather than use control keys on the Pic they use the serial port of the PC to send the instruction to the Pic.

You might find it easier to start with a much more basic tutorial like this one.

**broken link removed**

Its still an old one and uses the virtually obselete 16F84 chip, you would do much better using the 16F88 chip which has its own internal oscillator, just needs a few changes to the code to let it know the new chip type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back