Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sequence for on-chip registers - CN0287 board with AD7193

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunglinh2611

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Is there any order for on-chip registers (ex. Mode -> Configuration -> offset -> Full Scale...). And shoud we add some idle time after wake up ad7193 by mode register? I have a CN0287 board with AD7193, simulation signals seem legit with timing diagram, but the experiment is not working correctly. Sometime it pushes out Dout with correct data, sometime there's nothing but '1'

Last edited by a moderator:

Did you look at the datasheet for the AD7193, the second page gives a lot of references to reference designs on FPGAs using the AD7193, I would imagine that many of them probably have code which you could leverage to program the AD7163 and capture data.

You never mention if you always write to the communications register before reading/writing any other register.

Thanks ads-ee, I will try to start from your suggested references and report result here later.

Regarding communication register, yeah, I always write communication register first to tell ADC what the next register is. My sequence for registers as following:

(1) Communication Register (CR) for Mode Register (8 bits)
-> (2) Mode Register (24 bits)
-> (3) CR for Configuration Register (8 bits)
-> (4) Configuration Register (24 bits)
-> (5) CR for Offset Register (8 bits)
-> (6) Offset Register (24 bits)
-> (7) CR for Full Scale (8 bits)
-> (8) Full Scale (24 bits)
-> (9) CR for Data Register (8 bits)
-> (10) Data Register (24 bits, Read only)
-> (9) ->(10) ->(9) ->(10)....(repeat for continuous conversion mode)

I wonder that ADC are in busy state somewhere during configuration process; hence, it doesn't work correctly. It only works after several reset (by turn on/off) occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.