Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sentaurus Problem - Running "sdevice" for coupled electrical and optical problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuhin.neogi

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sentaurus Problem - Running "sdevice" for coupled electrical and optical problem

Hi All,

I am running sentaurus to simulate a device for both electrical and optical models.

My Electrical grid is created in .tdr and .grd forms ( I can use either one). Then I put this electrical grid and doping files as an input to my waveguide_des.cmd file.
In my waveguide_des.cmd file I have a physics section which runs Laser() command with all the necessary details. IN the solve section I have

Coupled { Poisson Electron Hole PhotonRate }

which I think enables both electrical and optical simulations.

When I run the following command on this file ---- "sdevice waveguide_des.cmd".

I get this error as posted below:

Reading geometry 'waveguide_msh.grd' ...
done.
WARNING: Cannot open input file devtype.txt : using default device (Laser). Laser is 0, SOA is 1, WPD is 2 .

Setting up (3D) mode solver ...

The following auxiliary device instances for solving the 3D optical problem have been created:

Reading geometry 'waveguide_msh.grd' ...
done.
Cannot open file: msdbr_laser.dat

>

If I remove the laser section and solve only electrical problem I dont get any error.

Any help suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tuhin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back