Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

semi-open anechoic chamber

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonio_s

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

I'm studying the viability of constructing a semi-open anechoic chamber. I'd been asked to make a 0.5-18GHz semi-open chamber. We would have to build it in our company area, and we are located in the middle of a 100.000 people town. So I think it's to difficult to make it semi-open because of the noise and interference. That's why i've been told to study the spectrum in the area. I haven't done it yet.
The first idea is to install the transmiter in a tower and the semi-open chamber in one of our roof tops.

Can you give me ideas, disadvantages, indications or sources of information???

My boss wants something quick and cheap, since a bigger and better full anechoic chamber is being designed. So this would be something that I guess doesn't have to be very precise.

I think main problems are:
- rf interference radiations and noise from the outside.
- reflections from the transmitter, since we don't have anything close to an open field, it's all filled with 3 and 4 storie buildings around the area.

I think my boss wants a semi-open because he thinks it is much cheaper than a full anechoic. I must so its viability or on the contrary, so all the disadvantages.

thank you all
see ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back