Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Segment Over Void Check for Altium Designer 15 PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivan27807

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does any one know if there is a feature in Altium Designer 15 or can someone recommend filter "line" to easily detect the following case:

* High Speed track as microstrip that has a segment that run over discontinuity in reference plane (example running over a gap on the split plane reference or large polygon voids created by some high voltage thru hole pins).

* High Speed track as stripline that has a segment that run over discontinuity in reference plane either above or below (example running over a gap on the split plane reference or large polygon voids created by some high voltage thru hole pins).

I recall in Cadence Allegro there is a feature known as "segments over void" which detects these case with ease. I am new to altium and I had to check meticulously each high speed track to make sure not one did cross a void.

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back