Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

seeking advice to buy a voltage stabilizer unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kievari

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I recently bought T862++ IRDA Rework Station and a soldering station with hot air. I have to buy a voltage stabilizer unit for them, specially for IR machine, so that not to have it damage.

I would like to ask advices of Gurus here, please if you could tell me some parameters that help to get something suitable enough, I really appreciate it.

T862++ IRDA parameters:
Working Voltage: AC220V/50Hz AC110V/60Hz
Output power: 800W
Infra-red lamp body temperature adjustable: 100℃-350℃
Preheating dish temperature adjustable: 60℃-200℃
YouTube - How to... ? Rework ... T-862++ Digital Infrared IRDA Soldering Station - For Xbox Reballing -

I'll also attach detail information. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IRDA-WELDER User Manual T-862++new.doc
    5.2 MB · Views: 104
  • soldering_station_hot_air.pdf
    185.9 KB · Views: 90

Hali Ari,
I dont understand pls why you need an AC stabilizer_is your mains-system so instabile or means some dangerous transient on it?
My problem is with it that _so far as I know_is best to solute with a "magnetic resonance transformely stabilising unit",
but they are bulky, heavy & expensive... :-(
I know some products from Philips and AIP in switzerland, they has very good transient supressions too! :)
Other possibility is a AC-AC converter, but it has some EMC/RFI to approbe_ can be not the cheapest, but in allway
smaller as a transformer solution.
Greetings!
K.

Hali Ari,
I dont understand pls why you need an AC stabilizer_is your mains-system so instabile or means some dangerous transient on it?
K.

Thank you Karesz for the response,

They suggest that "EXTREMELY SENSITIVE TO POWER STABILITY", that's why i thought about buying a voltage stabilizer unit!

This is the warning I found on a seller page offering the machine:
Code:
WARNING: ANY OF THESE MACHINES IS EXTREMELY SENSITIVE TO POWER STABILITY, YOU KNOW THERE ARE PROFESSIONAL POWER SOURCE DC BENCHES TO PLUG THESE MACHINES, THE IRDA HEATING COULD BURNT OR MALFUNCTION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT
POWER SOURCE DC BENCH MACHINE, PLEASE DO NOT COMPLAIN IF YOU JUST PLUG YOUR MACHINE DIRECTLY TO A POWER PLUG ON YOUR WALL, YOU ARE WARNED ABOUT IT.

At the time being the page is active here:
**broken link removed**

Do you think it is unnecessary please? What is that "power source DC bench machine" they are talking about? May be it is advertisement only?

Last edited:

Hi Ari,
Sorry, but on your T862 datasheet is nothing to see in accordance these sentences!!
Than,
Your IR Station has only a "genaral" 230VAC plug! :)
Wher is here pls for the "sensitive IR-lampe" a DC supply (& stabilized) to connect/find? :-(
I think you should ask the seller/producer for thes problematic...
Otherweise;
I can understand, that a stabilized supply is better -or eventually a must; because your uniformity/programmability
for the not so simple & easy to handle PGA (re)soldering is clearly better...
BUT IT MUST BE INTERNALLY (in that case)for my opinion!

Hopfely it helped some?
Good resolution!
Greetings!
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.