Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to search for an unpolarized 1 µF capacitor with through-hole technology for my wiroboard design. I need to have it will low tolerances of 5% or less.

It will be helpful if you provide me with a tool that shows me this result and so I can use it as well to determine the other component of my circuit

Thank you
Regards

Here's a document that discusses capacitance change vs. voltage.
This is for ceramics, I know they are voltage ciritical, thus I recommended foil capacitors.

But even with ceramics .... you don´t need to worry if the capacitor is rated for higher voltage.
Higher voltage rating improves the voltage problem.

The diagram shows that the capacitance varies down to about 30% of the initial value.
But if you use a capacitor with 5 times higher rated voltage it will go down to 80% only.
(raw estimation)

Klaus

Choosing a 5% capacitor may be overkill from the user's perspective and unlikely to know the difference for AC coupling.

There are practical considerations as well as cost, availability, and frequency/temperature, and DC voltage dependence that interferes with the 5% tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.