Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Searching for low tolerances unpolarized capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to search for an unpolarized 1 µF capacitor with through-hole technology for my wiroboard design. I need to have it will low tolerances of 5% or less.

It will be helpful if you provide me with a tool that shows me this result and so I can use it as well to determine the other component of my circuit

Thank you
Regards

Here's a document that discusses capacitance change vs. voltage.
This is for ceramics, I know they are voltage ciritical, thus I recommended foil capacitors.

But even with ceramics .... you don´t need to worry if the capacitor is rated for higher voltage.
Higher voltage rating improves the voltage problem.

The diagram shows that the capacitance varies down to about 30% of the initial value.
But if you use a capacitor with 5 times higher rated voltage it will go down to 80% only.
(raw estimation)

Klaus

Choosing a 5% capacitor may be overkill from the user's perspective and unlikely to know the difference for AC coupling.

There are practical considerations as well as cost, availability, and frequency/temperature, and DC voltage dependence that interferes with the 5% tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back