Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SDF questions and NCSIM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tok47

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
neg_tchk + example

Recently, I just start to use ENCOUNTER and NCSIM. And now facing some problem wish to get some help.

In the recent timing simulation (we here called it as APR sim), I found some timing violation in my result.

After some debugging activities, I found out that there were some missing TIMINGCHECK information for flops and latches in my sdf file.

In my sdf file, it just shown

(CELL
(CELLTYPE "dffp_1x")
(INSTANCE xxxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxx/xxx
(DELAY
(ABSOLUTE
(IOPATH (posedge CK) Q (0.264::0.768) (0.287::0.853))
(IOPATH (posedge CK) QN (0.290::0.873) (0.271::0.799))
)
)
(TIMINGCHECK
)
)

So, my simulator prompt a error message on ' ) ' and stop loading the rest of the file after the error line.

After I manually remove those error lines. My simulation looks fine for those delay between 1 signal and 1 signal (interconnect).

But, now, I notice another error. The time delay between input and output of certain logic was alway 1ns.

Q: 1. Is this time delay information for logic cell is determine in sdf file?

2. Is this error cause by the sdf file or other standard library?

3. ' 1ns ' seems like a default value from NCSIM. Is it I missed out something in my setting?

Thanks

ncverilog pulse_r

tok47 said:
Recently, I just start to use ENCOUNTER and NCSIM. And now facing some problem wish to get some help.

In the recent timing simulation (we here called it as APR sim), I found some timing violation in my result.

After some debugging activities, I found out that there were some missing TIMINGCHECK information for flops and latches in my sdf file.

In my sdf file, it just shown

(CELL
(CELLTYPE "dffp_1x")
(INSTANCE xxxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxx/xxx
(DELAY
(ABSOLUTE
(IOPATH (posedge CK) Q (0.264::0.768) (0.287::0.853))
(IOPATH (posedge CK) QN (0.290::0.873) (0.271::0.799))
)
)
(TIMINGCHECK
)
)

So, my simulator prompt a error message on ' ) ' and stop loading the rest of the file after the error line.

After I manually remove those error lines. My simulation looks fine for those delay between 1 signal and 1 signal (interconnect).

But, now, I notice another error. The time delay between input and output of certain logic was alway 1ns.

Q: 1. Is this time delay information for logic cell is determine in sdf file?

2. Is this error cause by the sdf file or other standard library?

3. ' 1ns ' seems like a default value from NCSIM. Is it I missed out something in my setting?

Thanks
it looks like your simulator is not reading the timing values from sdf.

Did you give ncsim ncsim command options like
+ncaccess+r+w

+pulse_r/0 +pulse_e/100 +no_pulse_msg

+neg_tchk

+transport_path_delays

+multisource_int_delays

+maxdelays // max corner

+sdf_verbose

+nowarnTFNPC

unit delay in ncsim

I already check my netlist and sdf. Both are cross match.

I am now checking for the NCSIM setting.

Thanks

ets .sdf

hi tok47

maybe you can check "unit delay" option in your NCSIM setting. you have to remove this option.

hope it can give you some help.

littlebu

+neg_tchk

Hi littlebu,

Thanks for your input.

I already have that option remove previously.

I am trying to use VCS's sdf file to run in NCSIM with the same setting. It works.

So, I think the error should cause by ENCOUNTER's sdf file. May be I miss out some option when I write the sdf file.

BTW, do you know what is the different between the sdf file that generate by ETS and sdf file that generate by ENCOUNTER?

Thanks

tok47

ncsim with sdf

Hi tok47,

ETS is stands for Encounter Timing System. Thus, what do u mean by the diff between sdf file generated by ETS and Encounter.

Pls clarify.
Thanks

sdf delay format example

I was trying to understand the format of these 2 files. I found out that the size of these 2 file has lot different.

Lets say mayb SDF by ETS has timing information for logic A, B, C and D.

But SDF by ENCOUNTER just has timing information for logic A,B and D. This is just an example.

I able to let my simulation works now. There were lesser timing violation complaint in my simulation log file. So, I adding a config file to set timing for the path that complaint timing violation in my log file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back