Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

schematic convert into fpga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

altra

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a schematic , I want to convert it into FPGA,such as vertexII,
could anynoe tell me what software I need ?

In the first place questions are:
1) Which kind of schematic
2) Which kind of FPGA ?

It is best to use manufacturer library to create a FPGA from schematic.

Why?

First of all you can simulate your design and see if it is working as you
expected, in short it will save you a lot of time. Guessing work is rarely a good thing..

Secondly by using primitives from specific supplier, it gives you a real advantage as they are most of the time optimized for the FPGA in question.

Disadvantage of using schematic instead of Verilog or VHDL is that it is not always 'portable' from ome FPGA vendor to the next.

Now I suppose that if you talk of FPGA imstead of CPLD it is because it is a rather large design, is it not ?

Cheers

if you have a schematic for Xilinx foundation the only possibility is to use aldec software.
in fact the engine for foundation was the aldec schematic.
Via aldec you can reuse your schematic and convert in VHDL.
Bye.
G.

if you are using Xilinx device, it will be better to use the schematic editor in ise foundation, because it has the manifacturers library.

You can simulate your design and use implement tools to optimize the design! good luck!

if you are using Xilinx device, it will be better to use the schematic editor in ise foundation, because it has the manifacturers library.

Status
Not open for further replies.