Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sample model for a MOS transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deep_sea

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,
I want to generate a simple transistor model for simulation purposes in Cadence Virtuoso. I have seen this in a previous post.
My question: Is the thermal noise included in such transistor models?
The goal of this model is to allow me to characterise the thermal noise while disabling the flicker noise. This option is not available in the technology available to me. The corner frequency is in the hundreds of MHz range which prevents me from getting useful information about thermal noise.

Thanks in advance for comments.

I believe Noise Characteristics have been included.It's very easy to check this.

Thanks BigBoss for your reply. Which parameter to look for in thermal noise characterisation?

Thanks BigBoss. I assume it is this part, right?
+fnoimod = 1 tnoimod = 0 noia = 6.25e+041 noib = 3.125e+026
+noic = 8.75e+009 em = 41000000 af = 1 ef = 1
+kf = 0 tnoia = 1.5 tnoib = 3.5 ntnoi = 1

In my case, I am going to work with zero flicker noise as the aim is to see how thermal noise of each component affects the overall output (input) referred noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back