Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

salaries for embedded engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
salary medium en belgique

The salary is net. But I think that this salary can not be considered high. Let's look this way: I am single and I will possibly be spending 1250 Euros per month. If I was married I would spend 1600-1700 Euros and if I had a kid, I do not even want to think that. So, the apartment prices are like 100000 Euros in Belgium. And I would have an apartment in 10 years. Do you know how much it would take to have an apartment for a person with my skill in a Eastern Europe country: 3 years!

So once I was thinking that working abroad is advantageous, but the truth is just the opposite, I think.

west european salaries

force of nature said:
TSo, the apartment prices are like 100000 Euros in Belgium. And I would have an apartment in 10 years.

do you have to BUY an apartment?!

just rent one...

besides, if you think € 2000 isn't enough for you now with your amount of experience, then no job salary in belgium will satisfy you then :) the salaries aren't that high..

average salaries europe database

I think, buying an apartment in the smallest time frame is plausible, because paying for rents is just like throwing away the money, but if you can buy a house, later you can sell it when you leave and you lose much less money. Of course, this is my way of thinking, you can think different.

It seems that you know Belgium much better than me, can you give me a range for 3-5 year experienced engineer salary range in Belgium?

salary for 3 years experienced tester sweden

what are the taxes range in Belgium ? .. for families ..

engineer gross salary belgium

you salary is a good salary...it's suitable for a 3-5 years experience engineer
but take care: the taxes you pay depend on many factors...

2000 euro salary monthly swedish

Bruto salary is a bit more than 3000 Euros. Anyway, I do not understand whether the salaries that I pay will make a difference for me. Belgium taxes are really high.

salma ali bakr said:

why european engineer salaries lower

salma ali bakr said:

so, how much do think one single guy (non-family) can save out of that 2K ? .. just a figure ..

why europe engineer salaries lower

omara007 said:
what are the taxes range in Belgium ? .. for families ..

they make a magical taxes calculation that includes your status, your experience, your country of origin, your nationality, etc...and then they give you the net...

but the taxes range between 25%-35% for foreigners...

also a big part of the salary is taken for social security!

Added after 5 minutes:

omara007 said:
salma ali bakr said:

so, how much do think one single guy (non-family) can save out of that 2K ? .. just a figure ..

If one doesn't have a car, and doesn't travel a lot nor spends a lot on outings and leisures, then he can save around € 1000 from the € 2000...

belgium salaries

there is a huge gap between salaries in Belgium and UK .. I strongly believe that 4k/month pound in UK (gross) is cconsidered a low salary .. given that 4k pound means maybe 6+ K euro. Am I correct ?

Added after 6 minutes:

if you can save 1K out of the 2k, does this mean you have to be sharing an apart. with a room-mate ? .. or 1k is enough to rent a room/apart + cover your normal expenses ?

average engineer salary danmark

£ 4000 ~ € 5000
this gross salary isn't low at alllllllll in BE, for someone who has about 3-5 years experience

by the way, regarding buying your own house, i have co-workers here who have been working for 10 years and still can't buy a house, but they're Belgians! so maybe, since their taxes are about 45-50%, it's too tough to save enough :D

imec salaries leuven

salma ali bakr said:
£ 4000 ~ € 5000
this gross salary isn't low at alllllllll in BE, for someone who has about 3-5 years experience

by the way, regarding buying your own house, i have co-workers here who have been working for 10 years and still can't buy a house, but they're Belgians! so maybe, since their taxes are about 45-50%, it's too tough to save enough :D

Just make sure to ask for a bigger salary if you apply for a job in the UK :) .. it looks like Belgium is a non-expensive country :)

best average pay in eu countries

i'm not planning to go to UK at all...

besides, who said that belgium is a non-expensive country??!!
it's more expensive than germany in food for instance..
i know people that go buy clothes from lille, france cause it's cheaper there..

we're comparing the UK with a country in the EU..
UK is out of the game by all means, and it's more expensive :)

salary europe enigneer

u still didn't say anything regarding rents in belgium ..

highest salary in the europe

salma ali bakr said:
it really depends on the city, the neighborhood...and the building type...
i'll talk about leuven, that's where i am..
for a 2 bedroom apartment, you could get something for 550-650 €, in a huge apartment building, and a noisy place :D

in a smaller building and quieter neighborhood, it'll be around 650-750 €

of course, that doesn't include the extra costs of the garbage system, and the cleaning, etc...

look at this site: www.immoweb.be

yes i did
read the earlier posts please :)

engineer europe salaries

If you can find an engineering job in your home country (eastern europe, EU in general) it's usually better to stay home than to move elsewhere.

Over the years the career won't be so good if you are a foreigner (except a few "star performers" but then the USA is the best place...), buying a house is much more expensive abroad, food and other costs are higher, etc.

Locals always know how to get better deals than non-locals, that's a general rule everywhere.

Finally, all/most of the taxes on the salary go to pay retirement *of the locals* , none of whom belong to your family. If you don't live the rest of your life in that country, then it's money lost to you/your family in the future...

Just my two cents...

salary programmer in europe

salma ali bakr,

which company do you work at?
a moved away from Leuven 1 month ago, to UK.
my salary was increased by 35%, but my housing cost was increased by 200%, although i live in a one bedroom flat at the side of the town, in leuven i lived in a studio in the towncentre (diestsevest).

average it engineer salary europe

buenos said:
salma ali bakr,

which company do you work at?

He say IMEC.

buenos said:
a moved away from Leuven 1 month ago, to UK.
my salary was increased by 35%, but my housing cost was increased by 200%, although i live in a one bedroom flat at the side of the town, in leuven i lived in a studio in the towncentre (diestsevest).

what part you live ? you left what work ? for salary ?

average salary engineer france

i live in colchester now.
i worked at pec products, technologielaan 12.
salary now, as a starter i hope, 30GBP

engineer average income europe

buenos said:
i live in colchester now.
i worked at pec products, technologielaan 12.
salary now, as a starter i hope, 30GBP

This 30k GBP is gross, right ? .. what about the net after tax deduction ?

europe salary engineer

gross.
22% income tax, 10% health insurance, 70GBP/month council tax after the apartment.

i earned 30k euro in belgium. it was low, i think for a hardware design engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back