Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

s parameter to ABCD parameter conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfaisalbe

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am interested in knowing the theory behind the conversion of s parameter into ABCD parameter. Can you suggest some on-line references or text books?

Regards

Faisal

I think you could be interested in:

**broken link removed**

Thanks for the referrence. This method uses z01 and z02 complex impedances . Bt if we use network analyser to calculate s parameters z01 and z02 will be 50 ohms. They are not complex.

In that case can we use the formulae stated in the document ?

I am interested in knowing the maths involved in s parameter to ABCD conersion?

Thanks and Regards

Faisal

The formulas in the document are referred to the general case in which input and output impedances are complex. Of course they are valid also in case Z01 and Z02 are purely real. The math of the conversion between the parameters is also explained in the document.

Hello,

you can check a book "microwave engineering" by D. M. Pozar. There you can find all fundamental concepts

Cheers
Akr

pfaisalbe said:
Bt if we use network analyser to calculate s parameters z01 and z02 will be 50 ohms. They are not complex.

50 + i 0 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back