Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ruggedness No demage in PA design

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermit2003

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ruggedness pa

hello, every1. in pa design, one of specifications is ruggedness no demage, the typical value is 10:1 & the unit is VSWR, but what meaning the "ruggedness no demage" is ? anybody can explain it for me

thanks a lot.

When trying to put full power into a load with an SWR of 10:1 at all angles, the amplifier is not damaged and then when putting power into a 1.0 SWR load the performance parameters still meet the specifications.

thanks for flatulent.

I have another question, that is, Does the ruggedness characteristic can be simulated in a simulator? e.g. in @ds. if can, how to do it?

Under mismatched conditions a strong variation of the voltage and current occurs, due to change of the slope in the load line. The simulator can verify this excursion of voltage and current to see when it pass the breakdown limits.

so i can change the load value to make the output under mismatch and to see the variation of the voltage and current of the transistors ?

jcwen said:
so i can change the load value to make the output under mismatch and to see the variation of the voltage and current of the transistors ?

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back