Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscillator Design In ADS software

BatuhanCan

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
asdsadas
1716761882488.png

This is my oscillator circuit to be honest I am just trying to making an oscillator for my graduation project it has to be 1.7GHz because my friend's amplifier is working with 1.7GHz the issue that I am facing here I matched the circuit to 50ohm load but the output wave's amplitude is very low around mV's or less how can I increase my peak-to-peak amplitute of output voltage. Thank you for anyhelp that u can provide me, I am apreciated. And there is some issues about my transient simulation 1.7GHz has to have around 0.6ns period how should I arrange my transient inputs what should it's start time-stop time and max time step because when I try to obtain more information about waveform the simulation is taking so long whenever I try to simulate it in a hallow range it is just not usefull.

My final projet's aim to harvest rf/microwave combine it with solar panel store it'S energy in supercapacitor then after turning this DC into AC form with the help of oscillator then amplifying signal with an amplifier send it to another antenna to power couple of wireless sensors.
--- Updated ---

@BigBoss if you can help me I would be really appreciated. When I was looking around the form page to page I see that you have a lot of knowledge about oscillators.

To give some kind of reply...
Here's a version about the same from an article (a navy radio manual as I recall), not too different from your long-tail pair oscillator. It contains one LC tank. LC values are adjusted to yield 1.7 GHz. It works in simulation but no guarantee it works in real life.

The tail resistor is 50 ohms to show that value is operating somewhere in the circuit. Output is less than 1V. This circuit can be revised to adapt to your own circuitry.

LC tank oscillator long-tail pair 1700 MHz.png

Thank you for kindness to give me a reply. I will try to simulate this circuit and try to adapt it to our module. Meanwhile I will be still waiting for other advices from other users to share their ideas with me.

Thank you for kindness to give me a reply. I will try to simulate this circuit and try to adapt it to our module. Meanwhile I will be still waiting for other advices from other users to share their ideas with me.
Your design steps are wrong buddy. You should follow the design steps one by one.
You have to check first that this circuit creates a sufficient negative resistance or not. Like this..
1716850210241.png

The Negative Resistance/Conductance is found by function of Tail Current
1716850308475.png

Then you add necessary elements to make sure the oscillator works healthy. For more information see ADS Help
Use also Nyquist Criteria for better observing the necessary and sufficient conditions.
1716850383097.png

The you obtain "preliminary/draft" results.
1716851129385.png

After all you may consider Matching, Harmonic Suppression, Pulling, Pushing etc. when the oscillator works under all circumstances.
You will have a long road to run. Practical measurements might make you surprised. Oscillator design is an Art.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back