Not open for further replies.

dayal

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai,

I am doing a RTD Interfacing project with Analog ADuc836 controller(8051 based),and i am using constant current source 200 micro amps, .. i would like to know about some example program RTD interfacing and conversion techniques.

can any one help me,please....

Thanks & Regards

daya

hai asifrehmat

i would like to do the conversion for rtd interfacing, how i can do it, can you help me. first, if i apply constant current to the rtd then, i can calculate voltage level dependent on resistance , then again adc conversion, after that i will calculate the resistance , then i can feed resistance value into my progrm , finally i can calculate the temperature value, is there any look up table i have follow or not,

Hi!

Used RTD with a NE555 and count frequence -> temperature.

RTD's are nice because they are relatively linear and can manage high temperatures. To read the very small resistance changes requires a high-resolution ADC, from 16- to 22-bit. Generally, an inexpensive and slow Sigma-Delta ADC will do the job. Microchip's Application Note is good, but there was also a recent article in Circuit Cellar magazine, May 2007, by Brian Miller, "Temperature Calibration System", that shows how to make the connections and read the RTD.

The article is a $1.50 USD online: **broken link removed**

Hi daya - DO you have a circuit for generating a constant current?

Status
Not open for further replies.