Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rs232 interfacing with 89c52

Status
Not open for further replies.

visva

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In Hyper Terminal, there is no response when i send data from micro controller(89c52) through rs232. The following diagram is one of the circuit ( i checked UART communication and everything is ok). but i don't know what i doing wrong. please any one tell me what is the reason. i am using proteus,virtual serial port. Capture1.PNG

maybe you need an rs232 driver/ receiver chip to convert voltage levels ? like the max232.

Reactions: visva

visva

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks for your reply . yes i was tried it before. i tried like in following diagram. is that is correct. or any other problems there.Capture2.PNG

thanks for your reply . yes i was tried it before. i tried like in following diagram. is that is correct. or any other problems there.View attachment 85484

yes i already saw your circuit setup.

try putting in an rs232 interface chip between uC and the rs232 port, like i said. clearly your software knows there is a mismatch and is giving you an error/ warning.

i can get some output from max232. but i can't check in hyper terminal, is that working or not?
(note : i am using window7 64bit, there was no hyper terminal. so i copied that file from windows xp and then i am working on it). tell me now what is the problem (i used max232 also)

sorry, i can't help you any further. Try thinking for yourself now.

its ok. thanks for your all reply....

Take Hyper Terminal from Win XP and copy files in some folder, or you can use some other better program for this job.

Did you properly connect Gnd (common) ?

Try this programs.

Attachments

• ! ! ! RS232 Monitor Software.zip
    438.5 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: visva

visva

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.