Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Royer Oscillator Applied to Ultra Low Voltage(Energy harvesting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gagagagazi

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I'm learning about the Royer oscillator. Through a paper on IEEE, I got the following circuit topology. This is an oscillator that can start oscillation at very low input voltage( a non isolated push full boost converter). In order to better understand the structure of the circuit, I try to reproduce the circuit in the paper, but unfortunately, the circuit can not run.what is wrong?I'm not sure if I can upload the paper so here are the attach file and the circuit diagram. Thank you very much
1671024720438.png

Attachments

• Draft1.zip
    769 bytes · Views: 112
Last edited:

the 1n4148 diodes have about a 600 mV forward drop.
they will never conduct with a 200 mV source.
try a 5 V source to test the circuit

The Royer as front end of a push-pull converter can give you a turns-ratio boost in voltage but so could a self-oscillating flyback or boost converter. A possible issue with the Royer is that taking power.off the secondary might kill the cycle (like, at startup, what does the shorted winding do to the "tank"?). Sometimes you are better off separating the singing from the dancing.

the 1n4148 diodes have about a 600 mV forward drop.
they will never conduct with a 200 mV source.
try a 5 V source to test the circuit
1671066566652.png

In the original paper, the author's input is as low as several mV. I'm curious about how to do it. If you are interested, I put the paper below.
--- Updated ---

Why no telling the original paper title?
Sorry, I put the original paper in the attachment.The author replaced the MOS of the traditional Royer oscillator with JFET, so that the circuit can be boosted under extremely low input conditions. I simulated the circuit in the original text (the author also used LTSPICE), but I could not get the results in the paper, which made me very confused
--- Updated ---

The Royer as front end of a push-pull converter can give you a turns-ratio boost in voltage but so could a self-oscillating flyback or boost converter. A possible issue with the Royer is that taking power.off the secondary might kill the cycle (like, at startup, what does the shorted winding do to the "tank"?). Sometimes you are better off separating the singing from the dancing.

Hello, thank you for your reply. I am interested in environmental energy harvesting, especially the boost circuit without external control system. this paper can boost the voltage under several mV conditions, If you are also interested, you can see the file below, Thank you.

Attachments

• +2020.Ultra-Low Voltage Push-Pull Converter for.pdf
    410.1 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.