Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID Reader output specification - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

juaneduardodelgado

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Datasheet dude

Im working with a reader of RFID technology.
In datasheet we can read that the output is a FET that it is used as a switch.
The FET switch between V+ and V- what are inputs of the external circuit (external supply). The datasheets describes as follows:

For the GPIO outputs to function, an external user supply must be connected between V+, and V-.

Output high voltage can be V+ if there is a 10k pullup.
Output low voltage can be (V-)+0.5V if there is a 100mA load.

I dont have the internal circuit of the FET switch. That is all the information that I have.

I know what is a 10k pullup. I dont know the internal circuit, but I assume that the resistance garantee the high voltage.

What is a 100mA load? Can anybody help me to understand this?

Im trying to understand this because I design a current amplifier with a TIP31C, and in low voltage in the output of the gpio of the reader, my amplifier turn on its charge (a light).

Thanks

Datasheet dude

Hi,
If you have an output current of 100 mA to GND!
It has then an output stauration of max. 0.5V...
K.

Re: Datasheet dude

Hi,

I found the problem. It was a connection problem and it wasnt related to the low voltage offset or the current.

But, I have a question yet with the condition of the 100mA in the load.

High voltage output: V+ if a 10k pullup
Low voltage output: V- if a 100mA in load
I can modify the charge to get a current if I know the low voltage in the output. But it defines a resistance, and this condition doesnt allow a 10k pullup resistance.

Am I wrong?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back