Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Transmitter and receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin_G

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello there, i have a board which have UART port with Tx,Rx,GND, and VDD pin. I wanted to connect a RF transmitter and RF receiver to this board by having Tx pin of the board connected to data pin (Tx) of RF transmitter and Rx pin of the board connected to data pin (Rx) of RF receiver. Both RF transmitter and RF receiver VDD and GND pin will be connected to the board VDD and GND pin. Which means both transmitter and receiver will share the same vdd and gnd. Is that possible? please help me out here. Thanks guys.

That's how it's normally done!

There is no reason why they shouldn't share the same supply. What you will have to be careful about is the RF from the transmitter reaching the receiver. Unless they are on completely different frequencies, and not harmonically related, you will find the transmitted signal overloads the receiver and prevents other signals getting in. If the transmitter carrier is not running (OOK system) when you expect data to be received you should be OK. If you are using OOK you may need to defensively program to prevent the output of the receiver being the same as you transmit.

Brian.

That's how it's normally done!

There is no reason why they shouldn't share the same supply. What you will have to be careful about is the RF from the transmitter reaching the receiver. Unless they are on completely different frequencies, and not harmonically related, you will find the transmitted signal overloads the receiver and prevents other signals getting in. If the transmitter carrier is not running (OOK system) when you expect data to be received you should be OK. If you are using OOK you may need to defensively program to prevent the output of the receiver being the same as you transmit.

Brian.

Thank you so much..i never use a RF transmitter nor receiver before this..i'm using this transmitter ( https://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pcode=RF-TX-315&name=RF Transmitter 315MHz ) and receiver ( https://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pcode=RF-RX-433&name=RF Receiver 433MHz )..how large data can it be transferred? is any data can be transferred?

Those are OOK transmitters so you should be fine to use a transmitter and receiver close to each other as long as you don't try to receive at the same time as you transmit. The maximum speed is 10K bits/sec so the fastest standard serial rate would be 9,600 bauds. There is no limit to how much you can actually send, only to the maximum speed you can send it.

Brian.

Those are OOK transmitters so you should be fine to use a transmitter and receiver close to each other as long as you don't try to receive at the same time as you transmit. The maximum speed is 10K bits/sec so the fastest standard serial rate would be 9,600 bauds. There is no limit to how much you can actually send, only to the maximum speed you can send it.

Brian.

Thank you so much for the explanation..^^,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back