Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Transformer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

saw86

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone
Untitled.png
About the rf transformer like picture upper side... I need to use to create differential rf line for my MMIC chip from single rf line and I always have seen signal come from port 1 and is created differential signal from port 3 and port 4 and port 2 is connected to ground.... my question is if I connect sma connector to port 2 to measure rf signal is it applicable ???

thanks

You can measure something but it won't be so accurate because of insertion loss of primary side.The output won't be differential due to 50 Ohm termination of PIN2.So, you distrub all behaviour of the transformer.
I I were you, I use a directional coupler between main input and PIN1 of the transformer while PIN2 is grounded.

thank you bigboss for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back