Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF options for HSPICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariaR

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hspice rf

I heard that new version of Hspice have RF options. Does anyone have chance to use them ?

version option in hspice

It is HSPICERF. I think the HSPICERF havenot been officially released yet.

The following is from **broken link removed**

CosmosSE Supports the Following Simulators:
HSPICE
Star-SimXT
Saber
HSPICERF on simulator support list (Q2 2003)
HSPICERF™(Q4 2002)

hspicerf vs ads

byron said:
HSPICE
Star-SimXT
Saber
HSPICERF™(Q4 2002)

We evaluated this last year. a piece of junk! I would never install in in my computer even if it were free. Far behind from Cadence IC443 or Mentor Design Architecture.

cosmosse

mariaR said:
byron said:
HSPICE
Star-SimXT
Saber
HSPICERF™(Q4 2002)

We evaluated this last year. a piece of junk! I would never install in in my computer even if it were free. Far behind from Cadence IC443 or Mentor Design Architecture.

Why ? Could you tell us your experment ?

Firs, and the most important thing is no legacy: you can't resuse old schematics created by other tools. Not very friendly to use, can't interface with other simulation except Avant!. lack a lot of bell and whistle ect...
Maybe we are just to familiar with other tools. It's not worth to change. It's says that if it isn't broken, don't fix it!

mariaR said:
Firs, and the most important thing is no legacy: you can't resuse old schematics created by other tools. Not very friendly to use, can't interface with other simulation except Avant!. lack a lot of bell and whistle ect...
Maybe we are just to familiar with other tools. It's not worth to change. It's says that if it isn't broken, don't fix it!

I don't understand , you mean that input file format change ? or just not compatible with your design enverment ?

I am familiar with HSPICE , maybe i will feel free :eek:

Where to get it?

Can anyone tell me where to get it?

HSpiceRF or ADS?

I use ADS for RF design for years, I don't think HSpiceRF is realy need for us. since HSpice interface is realy poor.

or use Eldo-RF from mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back